Talk about Tetris Online Poland

Re: Feature requests/suggestions

Postby Chopin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 am

Good requests
Chopin

Postby Barney » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello, me again.
I have 2 suggestions/requests this time!

First: Restart button for Time Attack/Challenge/Marathon. Having to suicide gets time consuming when most my 40 lines are restarts, hehe!

Second: It would be great if you could see your APM and LPM after a multiplayer game where you win, as far as I know, you can only see your APM and LPM when you dont place 1st.

Keep up the good work!
Barney

Postby Wojtek » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 pm

very good sugestions, but things that require hacking client code will have to wait until i'm done with server and website (eg website ranking, stats and profiles), so you have to be patient.
Wojtek
Site Admin

about daily ranking

Postby farter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:09 pm

in single player mode, currently it's all-time ranking.
but soon the tables will be filled with super players' super play, while mid-class players will have no hope to get in the ranking table.
so i think it's better to clear it every day, or delete records submitted before 24 hours.

it can also encourage players who want to show himself on the ranking every day to play it every day~ :mrgreen:
farter

Postby Barney » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40 pm

The sprint leaderboard as it is now is meaningless, im sure some, if not all the top scores are cheated. would be great if they could be reset now that 1 person can't have more than 1 score at a time
Barney

Postby Spirale » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

hello.
would it be possioble and easy to either patch the client or release a mini server allowing people to play solo games or vs bot when offline ?
Cause right now i think you have to get online even if youre just playing training or solo modes??
Would help if you want to play on the train for example.
However I realize that there are very few people that would need that :)
Spirale

Postby Spirale » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

I second the "stats when you win" request I would also add like 5 seconds delay before you can start a new game after the previous one ended so that everyone can see the stats .
Spirale

Postby DAS44 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Can we possibly get ARS on top? :D
DAS44

Postby Barney » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Caithness already asked this question

Wojtek: I want to patch client a bit, but adding ARS will be probably too big thing.
Barney

Postby Wojtek » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 am

farter wrote:in single player mode, currently it's all-time ranking.
but soon the tables will be filled with super players' super play, while mid-class players will have no hope to get in the ranking table.
so i think it's better to clear it every day, or delete records submitted before 24 hours.

it can also encourage players who want to show himself on the ranking every day to play it every day~ :mrgreen:

done. alltime leaderboards willl be back at some time on website, same with weekly and monthly leaderboards.
Barney wrote:The sprint leaderboard as it is now is meaningless, im sure some, if not all the top scores are cheated. would be great if they could be reset now that 1 person can't have more than 1 score at a time

i'm aware that some scores are cheated, but way single player games works in toj, makes easy to catch most popular types of cheats, so it's only matter of adding checks for all things.

Spirale wrote:hello.
would it be possioble and easy to either patch the client or release a mini server allowing people to play solo games or vs bot when offline ?
Cause right now i think you have to get online even if you're just playing training or solo modes??
Would help if you want to play on the train for example.
However I realize that there are very few people that would need that

I'm not planning anything like this, because like you noticed I don't believe there is need for such things. You can play same modes in nullpomino, etc. Anyway I would like to make protocol specs, server binaries and source to be publicly available some time in future, but i need to build strong community before I do that, I don't want fragment community more than needed, and quality of server code is not good enough yet.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Previous

Return to TOP