collection of T-slots and variations

Miscellaneous Tetris discussion

collection of T-slots and variations

Postby farter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm

drawn by pixel~
just think every T-spinner has a table like this in their mind, but seems nobody paint it out...
so i'm trying to make one.
any more?
---contents below may update irregularly---
v0.1, 2012-10-19
farter

Re: collection of T-slots and variations

Postby oofw » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

poem of the z ~

oofw

Postby Wojtek » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 am

that's cute, but i don't get it. forgive me my lack of imagination, can you help me with interpretation?
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby oofw » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:31 am

hi wojtek sorryfor the late reply i only just saw the post today.

the black blocks represent the subject of the poem. they are very broad subjects , and occur frequently in play.
the z piece ... an underrated and often despised piece. you place it subtly , with a delicate touch , in just the right position , like a word in a poem... negelct it , and the structure falls apart.

in the first line , we have two z pieces coming up. we place the z's in a beautiful but uncommon position. at first when we place the gray z piece , it seem like a mistake , we are blocking a hole. but after the second z everything becomes clear. after the tspin is made , we are left with a clean f ield.

in the second line , we have a three gap to the left side of the field. it seems the obvious reaction is to build up for a combo or fill in to make a tetris. however we place the gray z piece to clear a line. if this were a chess game , this would be a double exclamation mark move. after we use a J piece we have a tspin triple , into tspin double setup. we only have to use 3 pieces to achieve this -- highly efficent.

the third line re-states and unifies the previous two themes. a line is cleared , a hole is blocked. but we are able to make a tspin and finish with a clean field.

the viewer of the poem is left with a warm and wonderful feeling in his heart. once again he is able to beleive in the future of tetris.

also ... congrats on 100k users ! (101311 users, 102 online now (46 in multiplayer mode).)
oofw

Return to Tetris