TOJ modding

Miscellaneous Tetris discussion

TOJ modding

Postby Wojtek » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 am

Many people request different visual tweaks for TOJ. Please understand i don't have time to make customized TOJ version for everybody, instead i provide knowledge and tools to customize it yourself. I made tools that allow you to change whatever you want yourself, so why don't you figure how to change something yourself and publish your mod here for others. Stop being lazy, because it annoys me.

All you need is to extract sje.jhh files with sjejhhtool (it comes with all recent versions of TOP or TOJ english patch), most files are in common formats like .wav or *.png, only exception with .ipl and .spr files. .ipl files contain images used in animation and .spr files controls how aniamation goes. to edit ipl files you can use tool i made SprIplTool (can be downloaded here: http://to-p.tk/tetris/), there is no tool to edit spr files yet, but file structure is simple (check SprIplTool source), so you can write some tool yourself or just use hex editor.

here is mod that removes stars on harddrop effect, requested by few people: http://to-p.tk/tmp/killstars.zip
as you can see i just replaced few images with empty ones, is that really so hard?
Wojtek
Site Admin

Re: TOJ modding

Postby riisssaaa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Hmm... Shouldn't this be stickied?

I used this to make some of the graphics to my own liking. Thank you :D.
riisssaaa

Postby Wojtek » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 pm

well, i think this guide require more details to be added. but if you made something nice please share a screenshot, maybe it will work as inspiration for others. :D
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby riisssaaa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Hmm... Its very minor though~
I took my favourite grid/board/playing thingy and exchanged the much-too-bright -rid with another one.
Also straightened out the edge. I suppose I can place a screen shot here :D.
Seeing as we're editing image files anything is possible~ ^^

(Maybe I will help write a Tutorial one day... Using your SJ...something-tool w/ UI vers.
It's been so long since I used the old... Ss-omething-tool that I forgot how to now D: )
riisssaaa

Return to Tetris