I love TOP!

Talk about Tetris Online Poland

I love TOP!

Postby Elevory » Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 am

Hey, there. I wanted to create a general appreciation thread; TOP is far and above the best multiplayer Tetris client I've seen. I plan on telling all my friends about it!

Keep up the great work. <3
Elevory

Re: I love TOP!

Postby Wojtek » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 am

Good to hear that. :)
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby D_m_d_S_t » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Hello,

i am new here and new to Tetris Online Polandt. I have been playing Tetris all my life, and Tetris is the only game in general i like. It started with Gameboy Versions as a child, then Nintendo, Playstations etc., Tetris Games on TV Receivers, DVD Players, the PC, Mobile Phones etc. I have played most of them.

Lately though i have spent all my time playing PAERIS Solo at http://spielewiese.4players.de/spielewi ... _Solo.html . On the same page there is a multiplayer version of the game, but lately no more good players go there, the game died when freenet.de moved or sold it to 4players.

After playing PAERIS Solo just by myself and against no one for at least 1 hour every day since months i decided that this can't be the end.

But i seem to be one of very few real tetris junkies that never give up. Sadly, that is. I wish Tetris was a internationally competitive game with loads of true fans like me, that never get enough, even if they play all though the weekend / night / day whatever.

A few days ago i searched the web again for any kind of tetris alternatives in hope of finding something closely as pretty (designed) as PAERIS (not too flashy or childisch) but moreso i was looking for like-minded tetris players because i am getting lonely playing solo all the time.

A few years ago on freenet PAERIS was well visited and i administered my own clan with lots of active players and we organised competitions and updated records on clanpages etc.... Sadly these times are over.

Now i found TOP and i believe i will never leave it, until it is closed (which btw seems to be rather likely someday, judging by a different thread here). I have fallen in love with it. Instantly. Not only because it is so much faster than PAERIS and speed was always my strength (rather than perfect accuracy), but because i realised it includes a totally new strategy to building and to the points.
Tetris as i had known it mostly was about building long tetris slots, but it is new to me to have t-spins and "b2b combos" as such rewarded with extra lines. This gives me a new opportunity to learn and improve my building skills rather than just becomming faster. (I am already trying to find out, which are the best strategies and builds in TOP to have a winning chance against the pros with levels 4 to 5-times higher then mine, i want to become just as good!).

So my main message in this post is: Thank you for keeping it alive so far, Wojtek.

---

The concept of the possibilities with tspins is new to me and difficult to adjust to, as i am used to building perfect strait brickwalls and then cleaning them off with tetris clears. Now i have to build little holes in and try to turn the Ts into them. Very fascinating.

I actually never liked garbage send functions, i mean sending clouds or bombs or such thing, like in TETRIS FRIENDS, but i will try to get used to it slowly as i will perhaps be forced to live with TETRIS FRIENDS when all other plattforms are extinct. (I always found using items is based on luck, and i prefer just skill to be the measure of success).

Do any of you - whom consider yourself junkies / fans too - know of other plattforms with a nice gameplay feeling and some competition? Which are the plattforms with the biggest communities? Just TETRIS FRIENDS? Are there any international communities? Are there bigger communities in a video game console?

I would additionally be interested in learning about offline Tetris games for PC, because i fear someday that will be the only thing left for me to play and i will need to stack up on games for that time!

I will never stop playing though.
I was born to love tetris.
I even often dream of tetrominos at night and think of the worlds in bricks at day. :-)

All my best greetings to anyone who feels similar out here!
D_m_d_S_t.
D_m_d_S_t

Postby Wojtek » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 am

hello, thanks for nice post.

indeed t-spin and other bonuses makes game far more interesting. efficiency becomes as important as speed.

i think in recent years tetris game that had biggest community is tetris battle on facebook. if you don't know tetris battle, it is just bastardized and micropayment infested version of tetris friends. I think this game is rather bad, it has its fans. there are some big communities pages on facebook dedicated to this game. but i think most of them are non-english (i know many taiwnese ones and few in filipian, but i don't remember any english one).

about console games i can't say much. but i don't think any new console tetris game has some kind of very dedicated community. last big console tetris game was Tetris DS, but its popularity declined long time ago.

I think most active english tetris community is harddrop.com , you can find there players of all major pc multiplayer games: TF Arena, TOP, NullpoMino and Cultris 2. However some people there hate me and TOP, so i can't say I am big fan of this site.

It is true that TOP had better and worse days, but I think Tetris Friends will rather die first. :twisted: In tetris world passion last longer than business.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby D_m_d_S_t » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Ok, thanks a lot for the information. 8-)

Edit:
P.S. Do you know a good way of training tspin techniques in TOP?
D_m_d_S_t

Postby Wojtek » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm

watch videos of good people playing.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Return to TOP