Attacks not sending

Talk about Tetris Online Poland

Attacks not sending

Postby crzy242 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:49 pm

hey im wondering if its just me, or is it that sometimes attacks do not get sent to the opponent when made at the same time as another attack by the opponent? might be my connnection i dunno, but i also noticed this happen to me alot back when i was play TOJ. i think it happens when both my opponent and i send attacks of the same value (tetris v tspin, etc.) at the same time; and only i get the garbage on my side of the field while they receive nothing (my attack did not cancel any incoming garbage). i was also wondering about the effects this has on APM. does the attack that i made get counted towards APM or not?
this came to my attention because on other games such as TF and nullpo (online), attacks sent at the same time give both players the garbage. so what is the intended result of this situation on TOP?
crzy242

Re: Attacks not sending

Postby jkl2230 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm

I saw this glitch too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PpsYf2GzU
Since Wojtek reverse engineered the server, I assume if glitch is still existing it is on client. Probably won't be fixed :(
jkl2230

Re: Attacks not sending

Postby Wojtek » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm

This is design flaw in TOJ protocol. This is not bug in either client or server, just some necessary information is not send at all by client to server, because seems TOJ developers didn't realize it is needed. I will explain this issue in detail on later time, for people who are interested in technical details. There are some ways I could attempt to fix this, but both are somewhat complicated. Despite this glitch APM is calculated correctly.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Return to TOP