Why so many protected rooms

Talk about Tetris Online Poland

Why so many protected rooms

Postby Spirale » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:57 am

whenever I connect to top all I see is protected rooms 90% of the rooms are protected. This is not a rant, I'm just wondering why all these people create their rooms protected ? If one of our japanese friends could enlighten me perhaps ?
Spirale

Re: Why so many protected rooms

Postby Barney » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Hello, I'm not Japanese, but I share your confusion.
To be honest asian communities usually alienate themselves from others, not sure why, but probably has a lot to do with the fact that they dont speak English.
It's a shame though, would love to play with many of them
Barney

Postby Wojtek » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:31 pm

That can't be helped, like many (all?) games Tetris feels better when you play with friends and not strangers. But i did little thing, now when you play in public room you get 33% more TP/exp.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby Spirale » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:08 pm

yeah I know it is expected to see a few of the rooms to be private but i've rarely seen a game where the majority of the rooms are protected like here.
Anyway I totally understand that people want to play with their friends, i just hope they dont make private rooms because they think that we're somehow rude or that they think that we're cheating.
Spirale

Postby farter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:28 am

Wojtek wrote:That can't be helped, like many (all?) games Tetris feels better when you play with friends and not strangers. But i did little thing, now when you play in public room you get 33% more TP/exp.

this is a good way but we need to let people know.
and... 33%..
i think reducing it to 0 in protected room is also acceptable.
playing with friends is just for fun, if one wants to get higher skill or level, he should play with strangers.
farter

Postby Paradox » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:07 pm

farter makes a good point
Paradox

Return to TOP