idea: universal tetris client

Miscellaneous Tetris discussion

idea: universal tetris client

Postby Wojtek » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:43 pm

After reading suggestion in http://to-p.tk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7, i figured out instead of hacking TOJ client to add extra things it would make more sense to make own TOP client.

but why stop with TOP? i got idea to make universal client that could connect to different servers: TOP, nullpomino and maybe even TF Arena. So it would connect to all games at once, and changing server where you playing will be as easy as switching channel in TOJ.

client itself would have look and feel of iiBlocks and also have some good features of TOJ and Nullpomino mixed in.

i think such alternative client would solve many problems:
-it allows to play TOP on mac/linux
-userfiedly nullpomino client
-lagless tetris friends (!)

so let me know how you like this idea.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Re: idea: universal tetris client

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Nullpo really needs a user friendly client. I love TOP but man you are working on it alone~ I would like to see TOP and Nullpo projects be combined. But its really up to you what you decide to do.
Paradox

Postby Wojtek » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 pm

TOP is small project compared to nullpomino. client i am considering to make won't be anything as big as nullpomino either.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Postby farter » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:27 am

good idea, for nullpomino it's ok.
but about TF, there is problem. how to deal with the difference between these and TF? such as attack power, different decoration, different items(most players like them, although good players will not often play it), and it may be unfair because TF players can't upgrade their tunning easily, etc...
another one is to ensure that the TTC will not make trouble for you, lol :o
farter

Postby Spirale » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am

If you make a simple nullpo client with only a few options just like TOJ where you can play in 3 clicks and don't have to wonder if you're using the right rule or whatever, and if it also has awesome graphics I would definetely play alot more of Nullpo. Simple is beautiful.
However if you make the server AND the client, then I don't understand anymore why it should be called a TOP client, just revive iiBlocks, make it like TOJ (as user friendly as TOJ) plus add some improvements and it will be a hit provided there is a version in japanese for japanese people.
I agree with farter forget TF Arena it's not worth the effort or the risk IMO.
Spirale

Postby Paradox » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 am

Well even with what i've said I'm actually very much for the universal client anyway as a way to gather players into one client. Especially if it includes TF
Paradox

Postby Wojtek » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:22 am

Spirale wrote:I don't understand anymore why it should be called a TOP client

Program that connects to TOJ/TOP server is TOJ/TOP client, program that connects to Nullpomino server is nullpomino client, how program will be called it's other story.
Wojtek
Site Admin

Return to Tetris